Monday, February 16, 2009

A First Time For Everything


    This is a picture of Violet on her very first ferry ride, a pivotal moment in the life of any west Coast girl. Violet is now 9 weeks old and she has new and exciting first time experiences everyday (Last week she had her [*gasp] first cold). 
     But it was on Violet's first ferry ride that her Mommy experienced a first as well - the first time breast-feeding in public. That's been a weird one for me. Not because I am shy about anyone seeing my boob either. It's weird for me because breast-feeding is such an intimate time between me and Vi and I thought it would feel wrong sharing that moment in the presence of strangers ---- but it didn't. It was liberating. 
       It was Derek that actually encouraged me to relax and do it in the ferry lounge, rather than hide away in some bathroom stall or dark corner. He sat beside us, using his 6'4 frame to give us a touch of privacy. He's such a good papa, (but that's a whole other blog in itself)... 

1 comment:

  1. TJ- I just discovered your blog. It's so wonderful! You're a fantastic blogger. Looking forward to seeing Violet grow and hope to one day meet her. Many congrats! xo Sara

    ReplyDelete