Sunday, January 25, 2009

Violet's Love Life (so far)


*Violet and Charlie's courtship began at a VERY early age. 

Violet was only a few days old when she received
 her first piece of mail - from Charlie Devine:


"HELLO VIOLET!

Welcome to the World! It's a pretty cool place. I think the best part is getting warm snuggles and like 8-10 meals a day. So my mom thinks we should "hook up", she says you're real pretty. I've enclosed a photo of myself to give you an idea...

(charlie)

Anyways it would be swell to meet you one day. We could drool and sleep and stare with amazement at the ceiling. Oh, and my Mom and Dad wanted me to say that they think your Mom and Dad are awesome! And especially how great your Mom is for doing it "au naturelle", whatever that means. Apparently, we have something in common.

LOVE CHARLIE"


*As a new and protective parent, I felt the need to respond to this letter immediately:


"Dear Alexa and Sean Devine,

I would like to bring to your attention an issue of extreme importance.

In today's mail, my 9-day old daughter Violet received a very 'suggestive' holiday greeting card from your son Charlie. Although I am fully aware that my daughter's beauty is utterly irresistible to your son and his refined taste, myself and Derek would appreciate it if you would curb his enthusiasm until Violet is at least, let's say, 1 month old..."


*Two weeks later, Derek and I caved to Violet's demands and allowed her and Charlie to meet in person for the first time. 

I have to admit, there was clearly chemistry between them:

(Charlie and Violet)

*However, within a month of their initial meeting, their destiny was put in jeopardy by the birth of the far too beautiful Jade Winter Loring:

(Violet continues to contemplate whether or not three's a crowd.)
   

1 comment: